How to setup the cable connection
To link your computer with the appliance:
- Plug the RJ-45 to the appliance
- Plug the DB-9 connector to your computer
In case the you computer has not serial port available, you can use a "USB to Serial" cable. It has different names on each system:
- Mac OS X
How to connect using the console
screen command as follows:
X means one of the names on prior section, based on the OS you are working with.
This is the console for local access command line administrative tasks.
How to setup DNS update on DynDNS server from the console
configure terminal interface Dialer3 ip ddns update hostname myhost.dyndns.org ip ddns update sdm_ddns1 ip address negotiated ip access-group 131 in ip mtu 1452 ip nat outside ip virtual-reassembly encapsulation ppp
How to setup DHCP AT&T ISP from the console
dialer pool 1 dialer-group 1 ppp authentication pap callin ppp pap sent-username email@example.com password 7 141A1B051B012627377D
How to connect using HTTPS/Java Client
This is the Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM), to access the appliance by this way:
- Open the web browser
- Type the device IP address in your browser, but don't forget to add https before the IP address.
- It will ask if you want to run ASDM as applet on browser or to download a Java launcher for ASDM.
- By default user/password are empty.